Monday, October 20, 2008

Well, It finally happened.


Today was one of the most terrifying days of my life. I was in the bathroom when Mitch left for work. I didn't think anything of it because Zander is able to be left alone for a short time without causing too much trouble. About a minute later I came out of the bathroom, and couldn't find him. I heard him yell at me with excitement from upstairs and when I looked up, to my horror, he was standing on top of the chair we have up in the loft on the second floor getting ready to jump from the railing. I know the scream I let out must have frightened him because he fell BACKWARDS thank Heavens. I cried of course as I raced up the stairs to get him. Man, he had some serious guardian angels watching over him. I still can not figure out how he got up there so fast. He has never even attempted it before. I have been kind of a mess today feeling like my entire life was only one second away from being taken from me. We have spent most of the day cuddling. He is not normally realy lovey, but today he has just stayed right by my side. I couldn't even bring myself to leave him in his crib, I just rocked him while he slept. It was one of those moments that you pray never comes, and at the same time you know eventually it will come again...especially with sons, am I right!?!?! So the meaning of this story is to say, A: I love all of you, and I hope you know that. B: The Lord is so aware of us and always watching out for us, and C: Life can change in the blink of an eye, so live for now, and for lack of a better phrase, love the ones you're with!
April




2 comments:

Karli said...

One of my biggest fears when I had AJ was falling while I was carrying him. Sure enough, it happened! I fell down the stairs when he was 3 weeks old with him in my arms... Thank goodness I fell backwards. I couldn't sit for a month but he was just fine.

I can imagine how horrified you were and I don't blame you for not wanting to spare a single second away from him today. AJ is getting immunizations tomorrow. He has a rough couple days after he gets shots. :-( So we'll be doing lots of cuddling here too.

Amber said...

oh my goodness!!! I am so glad that Zander is okay. That would have scared me to death--kind of crazy because we were JUST talking about that at your house!! Did you mean to text me something crazy today? I figured one of our phones was being weird...
anyway---glad things are ok