Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Z!






I was driving home from the gym this morning and without any warning, began to sob. It was the strangest thing, I was trying to tell myself to calm down, get a grip, pull it together. I had this flood of emotions and memories, as if it were yesterday, and in an instant all of the feelings I had experienced this day two years ago came back...all at once. I remembered being scared, excited, worried, and feeling terribly insufficient to be a good mother. I remembered the extreme heartache of hearing that Randy and Teri had lost their baby the very same morning I was induced. I remember feeling more grief for her than I had ever felt for anyone else...I still cry when I tell that story. It was crazy, and after a good cry, it was over, and I regained my composure, returned home and made my birthday boy some special blueberry muffins! I am so thankful for him, and so thankful to be a mom! I don't know if I will ever truly forget those emotions. I don't think I will ever be able to talk about Teri's loss without crying...but I don't think i want to. I don't want to look back and remember a sugar coated experience. Those grainy, tough memories are sometimes the very memories that put me into check and remind me how very very blessed I am to have him!
Here's to you baby Z! Mommy loves you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday Zander! You don't know me very well, but I am the most awesomest auntie! And I'm pretty sure one day, I will be your favorite!

April, it's good to have a good cry every now and again. You are very lucky to have such a healthy, cute little boy! I can't believe he is 2!!

Amber said...

Hey sister! I just want to tell you that you are an amazing, strong woman who has lived through something most people can't even imagine! I wish I could tell you that it gets easier to deal with...but what I can say is this: There is something great for you and that little boy to win here on this earth! I believe in great things to come from the both of you! Love you tons! A
PS> I am a dork, I just found your "comment" on my blog today...I didn't know I had to approve them first..DUH! Thanks for your kind words