Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Zanders birthday party!

Even though Zanders real birthday is on Wednesday, my dad was coming through town and so we decided to have a party last night! It was so fun! Here is a shot of the famous frown!


This kid made out like a bandit, seriously, his aunties and uncles and grandparents were way too nice to good to him!

Okay, a bit of history, Mitch's parents dislike our dogs...a lot...so when I looked over and Roxie was asleep getting a belly rub from Grandma...I just had to take a pic!
He knew exactly what to do with that motorcycle! Thanks Uncle Marty and Aunt Misty!

I made a red velvet cake with black frosting...hence the naked torso!
He wasn't so sure about all of the attention!
So, no 50 pound Mexican cake this year...but I managed to make a pretty cool cake!
We did a Cars theme this year...Zander is a bit obsessed with that movie!

6 comments:

Sharlee said...

Happy Birthday Zander!!! April you did such a great job on decorating and the cake!!!

Brooke said...

Cute pictures! So is he 3? That's a good idea for a theme, Teagen is obsessed as well with that movie. Nice job on the cake, I love red velvet, but have never had black frosting with it.

Amber said...

aw...happy birthday to zander!! i can't believe we have two year olds!!!! (almost) crazy.

Karli said...

I do have to know - how did you do black frosting? Is there a black food coloring?

Andrea said...

We missed it! I hate that! We miss so many family gatherings. :( Plus,you got a picture of mom actually petting Roxie and dad was even smiling in the background. . .I'd say that was a once in a lifetime picture all the way around!

The Hadley Family said...

Too cute! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZANDER! I bet he was happy to see his grandpa!

Loves and Kisses